Happy New Year to you all! How amazing is it that we have made it to the 1st of January 2018?! Can we just take a minute to praise God for being so gracious and blessing us to see a new day! I am so grateful to see a new year, to make moves in 2018 and live my most abundant life! Aren’t you?
2017 was a overall a good year. I have achieved many things over the past 12 months; from receiving a scholarship to go to South Africa, to travelling to Barcelona and Lisbon and experiencing working in the ‘real world’. I’ve also failed at a few things, but above all, I’ve grown personally.
Here are the 5 lessons that I learned in 2017 and am taking into 2018:
- If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
- Know what you want. Be decisive about what you want to achieve in your life. Don’t rely on other people to tell you how to live your life, or what success looks like.
- Create content and consume less (something which I will be touching on more in the future)
- Your mindset is everything. “Every thought, good or bad becomes concrete; it materialises and becomes reality.” – Emile Coué
But, the biggest lesson I learnt is to stay true to myself.
Self-care is the most important thing. I was trying to do so many things and be everything to everyone which left me burnt out. What I didn’t realise is that rest is a necessary part of the production process. Please, in pursuing our goals in 2018 let us take care of our physical health and mental well-being first. Listen to your body and it’s needs. To be honest, that was a wake-up call that I needed and I am applying whilst working on my goals in this new season. Speaking of new beginnings, I have also decided to make a few changes on tracylandu.com…
So, what’s new for my blog?
- A new look. (Pink is my favourite colour if you couldn’t tell).
- A new focus. The overall theme of this blog is to work towards living your most abundant life by tapping into your ‘potential’ and overcoming the obstacles that stop you from being who God called to you be. So, expect some faith-based lifestyle and self-development articles offering understanding and practical advice for other women on the same journey.
- More topic-focused series. I know I’m not the only blogger who has this struggle but personally, I want to write about all the things that I am passionate about and are meaningful to me! I am a woman, a writer, a journalist, a blogger, a child of God, a creator, story-teller, a pursuer of purpose, an advocate for diversity and representation and so much more. I never want to limit myself or abilities by labels so, if I feel that a topic can relate to my overall theme then I will write about it on my blog. A series you can expect is practical tips for newbie bloggers on the do’s and don’ts of blogging. Otherwise, if you want to get to know me more personally, then follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Other things I also love are travelling, poetry and beauty!
I am excited to share what I have in store for this platform and I want us to be on this journey of self-development together. So if this sounds like something you’re interested and want to join me, please subscribe to my blog to stay updated with the latest post every month!
And, what’s new for me?
- More growth and development.
- Greater focus on my health, career and relationships.
- Smashing all my goals!
My theme for 2018 is DISCIPLINE. You can have all the goals you want, but building discipline will increase your chances of making them come to fruition.
No matter what your year was like, you have the power and responsibility to change it around and take the steps you need to live your most abundant life. Let’s celebrate the small wins, after all, you are not the same person you were at the beginning of 2017. Small wins lead to the greatest victory, so keep pushing, one step at a time!
What did you learn in 2017? What is your theme for the year? What are your goals for 2018? Comment below or tweet me @tracylandu.